There are so many amazing planners for you to purchase. From online teacher sites to fancy fancy stationary store to big box stores, the choice is endless for you. I have been down the road of purchasing teacher planners from the 'it' places and they are beautiful!! Well made, cutesy, and they cost a fortune- I am not going to pay $60 plus for a planner just so I can have one that is stunning. At this point in my career, over 15 years in, I want to make sure it is functional, easy-to-use, & that the planner provides me with options. To be honest, I do not need it to be anything other than black and white with space to take notes, stay organized, and record my students' information.
I have purchased a few planners from online teacher sites, but I found I was still needing more. I want a teacher planner that I can record everything for all my students. Assessment trackers are great, but I also needed a spot to record individual supports, parent communication (of which there is tons), and a lot of planning pages to include for differentiation in my lessons. I do find planners made by teachers to be much more thorough and teacher focused than planners created by stationary stores and big box stores- those types of stores focus more on pretty & basic, rather than the nitty gritty of teacher records.
The Ultimate Parent Planner grew out of necessity as a parent to keep myself organized. I was tired of having my notes and reports in ten different places and my kiddos' school calendar spread over my phone & work information. I need a cenetral hub for all things school. As a mum of three, I have a lot of information coming at me & I needed a way to keep it organized in a simple fashion. I want to be able to grab n' go when I am heading over to their school or when information arrives home. This planner does just that!
So, why these planners? Why pick My Inclusive Classroom's planners over all the other amazing ones out there, especially the cute ones?
It is simple- our planners are made with a few things in mind:
1. Function. My Inclusive Classroom's planners serve an organizational purpose for both parents/guardians & teachers. They act as a central hub for all things school related. Each planner has a lot of empty note pages to keep track of meetings, conversations, thoughts, and whatever else you want to record. The Ultimate Teacher Planner gives teachers space to keep track of whole class information and individual student supports. The Ultimate Parent Planner provides parents with space to keep track of dates, class information, and everything related to their kiddo(s). As well, the Ultimate Parent Planner shares insight into how schools plan for students & individuality. This insight is important for all parents to understand in order to keep on top of their child's school journey- it is an often referred to process, but it is not often explained or reviewed with parents.
2. Simplicity. My Inclusive Classroom's plannersare there to help you organize school information. In order to keep track of everything, the planners provide a variety of templates to fill in (assessment, supports, communication, et cetera). All templates a simple in use (think checklists) and thorough in design. The intention is that you can be brief in your input, but the meaning & message is thorough.
3. Ease. Much like they simple, My Inclusive Classroom's planners are very easy to use. The Ultimate Parent Planner provides details around using it at the beginning of each new section (or template). Both planners are very clear and easy to implement on day one. BUT, there is flexibility in how you use your planner- the sections & templates were created to serve a purpose, but have fun and make it your own.
4. Awesomeness. What can I say, I LOVE our planners- so do teaching and parent friends! They are far from cutesy, but their function, ease of use, and intentionality make them awesome.
5. Year-after-year use. Our plannersare not year specific. You will record the dates in the calendar, but you only purchase our planners once. Then you can print a new copy year-after-year. Your $5 will go a very long way.
Read about the Ultimate Parent Planner here. Read about the Ultimate Teacher Planner here